How-To Pair Amazon Fire Stick remote with your Fire Stick
A quick 6 Step Guide to pair a new or replacement Amazon Fire Stick remote with your existing Fire Stick. This guide is for Fire Stick 1st and 2nd Generation, as well as the Amazon Fire Stick 4K.
- Place 2 AAA Batteries in to the remote (if you have any trouble pairing the remote, or if your remote just stopped working it's always best to start with checking the batteries).
- To turn on your Fire TV/Stick, unplug and plug back in your device.
- From the home-screen, press and hold down the Home Button on your remote for up to 20 seconds.
- A message will prompt in the bottom right corner of the screen acknowledging the pairing is complete.
- If it does not, press and hold the Home button again for up to 20 seconds.
- Repeat this process until the remote is paired. This may take up to 10 tries.